Erupt is performance without compromise. It represents our effort to create a sustainable solution to enhancing performance both in the gym and on the field. While it is meant to be taken before training, we choose not to call Erupt a pre-workout because it offers more than other products in that category.
In addition to a comprehensive, effectively-dosed formula of traditional pre-workout ingredients, Erupt also contains creatine monohydrate and BCAAs in their full dosages. The result? A robust 3-in-1 ergogenic aid that optimizes your strength, endurance, and focus while kickstarting recovery and preventing muscle breakdown.
Beta Alanine is an amino acid which is the limiting reagent in the production of carnosine, a dipeptide stored in muscle tissue which buffers lactic acid during anaerobic exercise. Supplementing with beta-alanine allows muscle cells to function for longer before they become too acidic.
This confers various benefits:
- Reduced exercise-induced fatigue
- Improved anaerobic work capacity
- Increased workload potential
- increases in lean body mass and decreases in fat mass, likely as a secondary effect of increased workload potential
Beta-Alanine is known for giving users a tingling sensation, technically known as paresthesia. The itching and tingling can feel fairly intense, but it is harmless side effect.
The clinically effective dosage range for Beta-Alanine is 2-5 grams per day. Erupt contains 3.2 grams beta-alanine per serving. Harmony, our upcoming post-workout, will contain an additional 1.8 grams, totaling 5 grams per day when used together. The dosage is split to reduce the intensity of paresthesia.
Citrulline Malate is the amino acid L-Citrulline bound to a malic acid molecule. L-Citrulline is converted into L-Arginine once ingested, and it is more effective than L-Arginine itself at increasing serum Arginine and Ornithine concentrations. A crucial step in both the urea cycle and nitric oxide production, citrulline assists in the elimination of excess ammonium and spurs vasodilation by inducing nitric oxide production.
The following benefits have been observed with Citrulline supplementation:
- Improved muscle endurance
- Reduced muscle fatigue and soreness
- Increased blood flow and training volume
- Acute increase in growth hormone during exercise
For the purposes of enhancing athletic performance, the clinically effective dosage for citrulline malate range between 5 grams and 8 grams. Erupt contains 6 grams of Citrulline Malate per serving.
Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine. A potent nootropic and vasodilator, agmatine can benefit brain health and athletic performance.
Supplementing with Agmatine confers the following benefits:
- Increased blood flow and nitric oxide production, due to action on α2A receptors
- Protection of the brain from toxins and strokes
Clinically effect dosages for agmatine sulfate range between 500mg and 1300mg. Erupt contains 1000mg Agmatine Sulfate per serving.
Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine, is an active metabolite of choline in the body. It is commonly found in vegetables, most notably beets.
According to clinical research, betaine supplementation:
- Increases muscle power output
- increases muscle endurance
- Acutely increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor 1 production in response to exercise
- increased cell hydration due to positive osmoregulatory action
For ergogenic effects, betaine has been proven effective in dosages between 1.25g and 2.5g. Erupt Contains 1.5g Betaine per serving.
Taurine is an organic acid containing sulfur which bolsters heart and blood health, conferring a wide array of health benefits.
Supplementing with taurine confers the following benefits:
- Increased anti-oxidant activity in the body
- Reduced muscle soreness
- Increased fat oxidation during aerobic exercise
- Decreased muscle cramping
Beta-Alanine supplementation can cause taurine deficiency, so we thought it especially prudent to include in Erupt’s formula. Dosages between 500mg and 3000mg have shown efficacy. Erupt contains 3000mg Taurine per serving.
Creatine is a molecule involved in the phosphocreatine cellular energy system which acts to quickly replenish depleted energy (ATP) in muscle cells. Creatine is very well researched and established to be remarkably effective and safe.
Supplementing with creatine:
- Increases muscular power output
- Accelerates muscle building
- Increases anaerobic endurance
- Increases glycogen resynthesis
- Increases serum testosterone
- Increases muscle cell hydration
- Fortifies fatigue resistance
- Reduces muscle damage
Although there are many forms of creatine, none are proven to be more effective than creatine monohydrate. Effective dosages range from 2.5g per day to 5g per day. Erupt contains 5g Creatine Monohydrate per serving.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine)
Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, collectively known as branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), are three essential amino acids which play a crucial role in many metabolic processes. BCAAs are often advertised as “anabolic activators” which augment the body’s ability to build muscle, but this is only demonstrated in subjects with insufficient protein intake.
Supplementing with BCAAs prior to training is advantageous due to their ability to attenuate fatigue. Pre-Workout BCAA supplementation prevents exercise-induced decline in serum BCAA levels, which in turn slows tryptophan uptake into the brain. Ultimately, this inhibits serotonin production associated with exercise induced fatigue.
Supplementing with BCAAs:
- Attenuates fatigue by buffering serotonin production during workouts
- Prevents muscle breakdown via leucine metabolite β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate
- Increases cellular glucose uptake
- Increases protein synthesis in protein-deficient subjects
Erupt Contains 6g BCAAs in a 3:1:1 ratio favoring leucine.
Panax Ginseng Extract (5% Ginsenosides)
Panax Ginseng, also known as true ginseng, is an important herb in traditional Chinese medicine and is included in Erupt for its diverse health-bolstering effects . While some of these benefits do directly impact sports performance, many also apply to physical health in general.
Some benefits associated with Panax Ginseng supplementation include:
- Decreased Risk of developing multiple forms of cancers
- Reduced DNA damage
- Enhanced Anti-oxidant enzyme profile
- Increased blood flow
- Increased erectile function (in men)
- Enhanced cognition
Erupt contains 150mg of Panax Ginseng Extract, which is standardized to 5% ginsenosides.
Green Tea Extract (50% Caffeine)
The Caffeine in Erupt comes from Green Tea Extract standardized to contain 50% caffeine.
Some of the benefits of Caffeine supplementation include:
- Diminished fatigue
- Increases in both aerobic and anaerobic work capacity, as well as power output
- Increased power output
- Increased adrenaline
- Increased fat oxidation and thermogenesis
It is crucial to note that many boons of caffeine supplementation wane with tolerance; specifically, fat burning, strength enhancing, and euphoria-inducing effects seem to be the most dependent on tolerance. Truthfully, the only way to get the full benefits of caffeine is to take it very sparingly. However, for the vast majority of working adults and students, caffeine consumption is a daily (or near-daily) practice. As such, the caffeine in Erupt is less intended for performance enhancement and more to buffer fatigue, which seems to be the principle benefit of caffeine which survives tolerance increases. Additionally, it potentiates theanine, as discussed below. Erupt Contains 200mg of caffeine from green tea extract.
L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea that demonstrates excellent synergy with caffeine, granting a multitude of positive cognitive benefits.
Researched benefits of theanine and caffeine supplementation:
- Reduced effects of stress and anxiety
- Increased blood flow via stimulation of endothelial nitric Oxide Synthase
- Augmented focus, alertness, memory, cognitive performance, and mood
Erupt Contains 350mg of L-Theanine.